Archon Firearms is a new name in the industry, but their firearms knowledge and experience can be traced back to Arsenal Firearms and the development of the STRIKE ONE pistol. Unhappy with the then-available offerings in the striker-fired, polymer-framed pistol market, the STRIKE ONE with the AF-Speedlock barrel locking system was developed. This new system takes a departure away from the venerable Browning tilting barrel design with a cam-activated, floating locking block system.
Fast forward to 2017 when the STRIKE ONE was reimagined as the Archon Type B and rebuilt from the ground up under Archon Firearms to better cater to shooting enthusiasts, as well as US Warfighters and Peacekeepers. The new Archon Type B is a slimmed-down, compact pistol reminiscent of the STRIKE ONE utilizing the AF-Speedlock locking system. Inherently the AF-Speedlock improves accuracy thanks to the more consistent lockup and improves reliability due in part to the magazine being much more in line with the bore of the barrel resulting in a nearly straight shot for the bullet feed path. This new firearm offers much-improved ergonomics, an ultra-low bore axis, lower perceived muzzle flip/recoil, improved accuracy, and reliability from the AF-Speedlock system resulting in a firearm that is incredibly quick and feels great in-hand.
- Highly detailed CNC machined aluminum slide w/ front / rear serrations, slide lightening cut, and officially licensed deep engraved Archon Firearms trademarks
- Heavy-duty fiber reinforced polymer frame w/ aggressive slip-resistant texturing
- Ultra comfortable slim profile feels great in hand; True to life, accurate 1:1 siz
- Ultra low bore-axis & short stroke low travel barrel helps mitigate recoil to stay on target for rapid follow-up shots
- Three-stage recoil spring provides a smooth feeling recoil impulse
- Oversized trigger guard for use with gloves; Reversible magazine release; Accessory rail for mounting lights and lasers
- Capacity 20rd magazine